Recent Representative Transactions
- Representation of various building loans and permanent loans for hotel developers in New York City ranging from $40,000,000.00 to $215,000,000.00 including the following flags: Hilton, Marriott, IHG, Choice and Hyatt. The most recent transactions include: representation of a developer in Manhattan for the construction of a hotel together with financing of $215,000,000.00 for a senior, building and project loan including mezzanine financing and a $185,000,000.00 loan to take out senior, building and project loans and recapture equity to investors together with private equity investments.
- Representation of Borrower on an approximately $17,000,000, 28 Dollar General real estate property CMBS loan, closed in 30 days.
- Representation of Buyer on an acquisition of 50% ownership in an entity owning and operating a hotel in Times Square.
- Representation of a Buyer acquiring 26 gas stations with real estate in North Carolina and South Carolina with an assumption of a loan.
- Representation of a Buyer acquiring 10 Dunkin Donuts/Baskin Robbins locations in Manhattan together with a new lease for a new Dunkin Donuts/Baskin Robbins location with $10,000,000.00 financing.
- Representation of several hoteliers acquiring hotels and motels throughout the United States (with local co-counsel) with some of our clients acquiring as many as 15 hotels per year, flags including Choice, Wyndham, Marriott, IHG and Best Western.
- Representation of a Buyer in a 15-pack KFC transaction, some locations with real estate in New York and Connecticut.
- Representation of various restaurants, hotels and liquor stores including acquisition, development, licensing, financing, relocating license, siting licenses and expansions in New Jersey and New York.
U.S. Small Business Administration Loans (Lender’s Counsel):
- Various U.S. Small Business loans to finance the purchase, working capital needs and PIP improvements of hotels, both flagged (franchise) and independently owned in New Jersey, New York, Pennsylvania, Connecticut, Florida, Georgia, Indiana, Ohio, Vermont (with local co-counsel) (loan amounts range from $1,000,000.00 to $5,000,000.00)
- U.S. Small Business loan of 600,000.00 to finance working capital for a new urgent care in New Jersey secured by personal real estate collateral.
- U.S. Small Business loan of $1,500,000.00 to finance working capital for IT firm secured by personal real estate collateral
- U.S. Small Business loan of $4,500,000.00 to finance the acquisition of 6 quick service restaurants in Manhattan and commissary in Yonkers.
- $4,200,000.00 U.S. Small Business loan to finance the working capital and equipment purchases of a pharmaceutical company secured by personal property collateral including patents.
- $2,500,000.00 U.S. Small Business loan to finance real estate, working capital and equipment purchases for a water treatment facility.
- $1,600,000.00 U.S. Small Business loan to finance partner buy out of liquor store and acquisition of real estate.
- $4,000,000.00 U.S. Small Business loan to finance of a banquet hall facility in New Jersey.
- $400,000.00 U.S. Small Business loan to finance a dental practice with real estate.
- $650,000.00 U.S. Small Business loan for warehouse and commercial kitchen for a catering business in New Jersey.
- $5,000,000.00 U.S. Small Business loan with a pari-passu $500,000.00 commercial loan to refinance a Wyndham flag hotel with partner buy out.
- Various U.S. Small Business loans to finance the acquisition, improvements and working capital needs of restaurants, both independent and franchised.
Although working with lenders on SBA transaction since 2011, over the last 5 years, our firm has closed over $100,000,000.00 in SBA financing as Lender’s Counsel.
CRE/C&I loans – Recent:
- Various loans to finance of retail operations including without limitation liquor stores, convenience stores, grocery stores and pharmacies in New York and New Jersey (loan amounts range from $600,000.00 to $5,000,000.00).
- Loans to various gas stations acquisitions and developments in New Jersey, Pennsylvania, Indiana, Georgia and Ohio (loan amounts range from $550,000.00 to $1,500,000.00).
- $2,655,000.00 loan for food preparation facility in Long Island City.
- $1,154.000.00 loan modification and $225,000 LOC for 4-story residential apartment building in Brooklyn.
- $1,485,000.00 refinance of existing loan for 1-story retail building with 5 commercial tenants in Brooklyn.
- $1,600,000.00 loan for a 4-story mixed-use building in Brooklyn.
- $2,125,000.00 refinance of existing loans for a 34-room Days Inn hotel in Copiague, NY.
- $1,430,000.00 loan for a 92-room independent (non-franchised) motel in Stratford, CT.
- $1,800,000.00 loan for ice-cream/frozen dessert company in New York.
- $2,700,000.00 Loan to finance a single-family and multi-family home portfolio of 12 properties in New Jersey.
- Loans to finance of mixed-use buildings in New Jersey (throughout) and New York City (Brooklyn and Queens) (loans ranging in value from $650,000.00 to $1,750,000.00).
- Loans to finance various non-profit churches and temples in New York (Nassau county) and New Jersey with personal real estate collateral of trustees.
- $1,500,000.00 Loan to finance purchase of Denny’s with real estate in Nassau County, NY and also secured by a Denny’s and real estate in Middlesex County, NJ.
- Loan to finance the acquisition residential condominiums in New York City for commercial purposes.
- Representation of 3 private equity investments in New York City for hotel projects in Time Square and Chelsea ($12,000,000.00 to $25,000,000.00).
- $21,000,000.00 Mezzanine loan for a project on 28th Street in New York City secured by a pledge of membership interest together with personal guaranties.
- Representation of several private lenders offering bridge or other short term financing, usually secured by real estate collateral nationally.